Brand Manager - PetSmart Charities of CanadaLocation Burlington, Ontario | ID 2019-1679 Apply Now
PetSmart’sCanadian Home Office(CHO) is home to approximately 50 full-time associates who work in departments such as Human Resources, Merchandise Buying and Pricing, Replenishment, Marketing, Finance, Space Planning and more. The small but mighty team at the CHO supports the operations of 140+ PetSmart stores in Canada and works closely with counterparts at PetSmart’s global corporate headquarters located in Phoenix, Arizona. We also share the Canadian home office with our colleagues at PetSmart Charities of Canada—an independent, registered charity dedicated to reducing pet homelessness and supporting the bond between people and pets.
PetSmart Charities is committed to finding lifelong, loving homes for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that bring people and pets together. Through its in-store adoption program in all PetSmart® stores across the US, Canada and Puerto Rico, PetSmart Charities helps to find forever homes and families for more than 500,000 shelter pets each year. To learn more visit www.petsmartcharities.org.
About the Job:
PetSmart Charities of Canada (PCC), based in the Greater Toronto area, is a registered charity and a stand-alone organization that works together with its U.S.-based sister nonprofit, PetSmart Charities, Inc. (PCI), in Phoenix, AZ. Both charitable organizations are supported by PetSmart, Inc. and its loyal shoppers and other passionate people who volunteer and donate to support PetSmart Charities’ mission.
Reporting to the Director of Charities, Customer Experience, based in Phoenix, the Canadian Brand Manager works closely with operational leaders inside PCC and PCI and marketing leaders at PetSmart Phoenix and PetSmart Canada to develop and execute strategic campaigns/initiatives in support of PetSmart Charities of Canada and and its unique position in the Canadian marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes campaigns and initiatives in alignment with U.S.-based communications and marketing strategies
- Works closely with both U.S. and Canadian marketing and communications partners to promote PCC’s mission: to find loving home for all pets by supporting programs and thought leadership that brings people and pets together
- Reviews North American marketing materials including print, tv, email and digital for relevance and accuracy in the Canadian marketplace
- Generates rich content for internal and external audiences, including but not limited to: website articles for petsmartcharities.ca, social media posts, CRM emails, news releases, internal news articles for PetSmart Inc.’s intranet: The DISH, and other marketing vehicles as required
- Directly manages review/approval of Canadian correspondence with animal welfare organizations (AWOs) and other partner marketing materials to ensure consistency of the brand voice, messaging and outreach efforts
- Supports the Canadian PR agency to promote charitable programs/storytelling in partnership with the U.S. PR team; drafts and manages the approval process for Canadian news releases and PR materials
- When required, acts as spokesperson for PetSmart Charities of Canada
- Supports the execution of the PetSmart Charities of Canada Golf Classic
- Advanced understanding and application of Canadian Press writing style
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Proficient in project and budget-management
- Professional judgment and discretion
- Advanced understanding and the ability to comprehend a variety of audiences and create messages and communications strategies to effectively connect with those audiences
- Ability to find creative, cost-effective solutions to complex communications challenges
- In-depth understanding of media relations/PR
- Strong understanding and experience with content-generation and content management across multiple platforms, syndication and content management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Mass Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- 6+ years of work-related experience
- Prior work experience working with the charitable sector and/or managing corporate social responsibility or cause marketing programs, especially for a consumer brand, strongly preferred
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- “Top Dog” gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- “Sit & Stay” Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- “Lil’ Paws” learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities