Digital Marketing Manager - 18 month contractLocation Burlington, Ontario | ID 2019-1682 Apply Now
PetSmart’s Canadian Home Office (CHO) is home to approximately 50 full-time associates who work in departments such as Human Resources, Merchandise Buying and Pricing, Replenishment, Marketing, Finance, Space Planning and more. The small but mighty team at the CHO supports the operations of 140+ PetSmart stores in Canada and works closely with counterparts at PetSmart’s global corporate headquarters located in Phoenix, Arizona. We also share the Canadian home office with our colleagues at PetSmart Charities of Canada—an independent, registered charity dedicated to reducing pet homelessness and supporting the bond between people and pets.
About the Job:
Digital Marketing Manager - 18 Month Contract role
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies and core tactics to drive growth and maximize ROI for the Canadian e-commerce and brick and mortar business. You will be responsible for planning, executing and monitoring success of digital marketing initiatives to grow the PetSmart brand and other brand partners in order to drive the business forward. You will lead marketing programs from inception through implementation and ensuring consistency and effectiveness through cross-functional leadership and collaboration.
This position is for an 18-month contract
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Digital Media – SEM, SEO, Display and OLV
- Manage digital agency relationships, day-to-day production, as well as campaign budgets/invoices and schedules.
- Manage the digital marketing campaign calendar, identifying cadence to drive new, high-potential campaigns and optimizing our marketing mix
- Lead, plan and manage campaigns including SEM, Display, OLV
- Curate, manage and oversee design work and provide quality assurance of all creative work
- Continuously monitor new developments in digital marketing and social media and proactively make recommendations for implementation of new programs and best practices.
- Work with media agencies to monitor ROI and KPIs for all digital marketing campaigns, proactively making recommendations to improve programs, processes, and results. Build weekly and monthly reports.
Website and Mobile App Experience
- Create and execute customer journey using third-party application to increase downloads, engagement and conversions
- Write marketing content for website and mobile app
- Generate reports as needed
- Build partnerships with key stakeholders both in the Canadian and Phoenix office to ensure priorities are captured and executed
- Manage the Loyalty marketing calendar, identifying cadence to drive traffic and build retention.
- Monitor CAC, ROI and KPIs, and build report on campaigns ensuring recommendations.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL and/or EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Business, Marketing, or related discipline
- Five or more years of relevant marketing experience
- Experience working and managing productive relationships with media and creative agencies
- Must have a thorough understanding of e-commerce and e-influence principles, and industry best practice
- E-commerce and digital marketing experience in the retail industry preferred
- Knowledge of Google Adwords, Google Analytics preferred
- Well developed computer skills are essential (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet & Outlook)
- This person must have demonstrated problem solving, prioritization and organizational experience
- This person must be able to manage several projects and activities and meet, both at the strategic and execution levels, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and build productive relationships with internal and external partners
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to travel to the US as needed/required.
About the Culture:
Our Canadian Home Office is truly that, a home office. It’s a place where individuals across various departments can align their passion for pets with their desires for professional growth. You’ll be a part of a close-knit team, while still being a part of a large, best-in-class retailer. And while the team may be smaller, the results are impactful! The Home Office boasts a large, open concept with natural lighting and serves as the perfect setting for office events. An active social committee hosts fun-filled events including contests, bake-offs, off-site events, and volunteer efforts, and they are always trying to out-do the previous event!